Life is short, but that doesn’t mean we cannot have enriching experiences around every corner. From the moments we spend with our close friends to the simple backyard picnics we have with the family, there isn’t a shortage of fun in the slightest bit. However, above all these exciting memories we can make, one adventure stands atop them all — traveling the world.
But Isn’t It A Bad Time To Travel?
Of course, there’s no denying that travel is in a bit of a predicament right now with the current pandemic, and a lot of people are putting off their itineraries for the time being. But, this message goes out to all the people who use the current situation to avoid travel altogether, which is doing more bad than good.
What we experience today doesn’t mean we’ll live like this forever, and as everything progresses forward, we will be able to overcome this pandemic. So, instead of letting fear govern your life, take this opportunity to plan your next destination because you don’t want to miss out on the life-changing benefits travel can give you.
#1 Breaks You Out Of Your Shell
Nothing breaks you out of your shell better than traveling to a country like Singapore and scrambling to look for something to do in Changi airport while surrounded by numerous people. Moments like this flip a switch in your brain and make you realize, “I’m in a new place, and nothing is stopping me from getting the most out of this chance to explore.”
- Experience Discomfort: Normally, you would avoid discomfort at all costs to keep your day as efficient and productive as possible, but in travel, discomfort is commonplace, and spontaneity is welcomed everywhere. Uncertainty and stepping out of your comfort zone helps build character, and it teaches you more about yourself than staying at home could ever do.
- Growth At Every Turn: With each new destination, you experience new cultures, see different perspectives in life, and you become more open-minded as diversity embraces you with every step you take. Travel helps you grow as a person because each new experience becomes a part of the “new you,” and you carry them wherever you go.
- Overcome Insecurities: We all have insecurities that we are afraid of admitting, and these negative constructs about ourselves only hurt our self-image. However, when given a chance to have a fresh start, travel is the perfect opportunity to better ourselves and overcome these shackles that hold us down.
#2 Travel Can Heal
One of the strongest points of travel is its healing properties and how it’s quite possibly the ultimate form of rest & relaxation. Yes, we know that at times it can be tiring and stressful when faced with unforeseen events or unexpected developments while away. But, these challenges we face during our travel are satisfying and fulfilling to solve. And nothing rejuvenates the body and mind better than copious amounts of satisfaction.
- Escape From Stress: Ask anyone how they’re doing, and they’ll reply, “I’m busy,” and this has become the reality many people from around the world have accepted as normal. Stress has become part of our daily lives that many of us have grown numb and insensitive to its negative impact on our health. But, when you travel, even for just a week, you get an escape from all the stress of daily life and put all your energy back into yourself.
- Meet New People: The people around you define who you become, and that’s both parts good and bad. Sometimes, many people around us can be of bad influence on us, and there’s no controlling that. So, instead of trapping yourself around the same set of people, travel gives you the chance to make new friends and feel the positivity that’s present everywhere.
- Keeps You Fit: Of course, this largely depends on the nature of your travels, albeit the type where you go hiking, swimming, or anything that counts as physical activity. But, in general, travel is also a great way to keep you fit because you’re always moving about and looking for the next best thing to do.
#3 Learning Opportunity
Last but not least, travel is one of the most excellent teachers of our time, and every new destination is filled to the brim with learning opportunities. Each new place you set foot in is a whole new world to explore, and the norms you’ve grown accustomed to do not apply, which means you start again from scratch. From learning about the rich history to learning more about yourself, the sky’s the limit.
- Build Skills: Confidence and believing in oneself improves as you travel, and this fundamental characteristic translates to the foundation of many other skills to come. You might learn a new language, find a way to be more frugal, or become quite the linguist when you get to your career.
- Broaden Creativity: Creativity stems from the surroundings and environments we place ourselves in, and as such, staying in one place forever severely limits your scope. So, if you’re looking to broaden your creativity, travel lets you see the vibrancy, colors, and contrast of scenic views from all around the globe.
Don’t’ Hold Yourself Back
Overall, don’t let our current world situation prevent you from making plans that could potentially change your life. Because when tomorrow finally comes, you don’t want to be left out and holding yourself back.